Cadavers, live patients, dental sleep medicine on tap at ADA 2016
July 29, 2016
— A track focused on dental sleep medicine plus hands-on cadaver workshops and live patient courses are among the continuing education highlights at ADA 2016 – America's Dental Meeting in October.
Twelve courses on dental sleep medicine will be offered, including four sponsored by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, partnering with the ADA for the annual meeting.
"We wanted to make sure we included the hot topics in dentistry," said Dr. Sidney Tourial, a general practitioner based in Sandy Springs, Georgia, and ADA 2016's continuing education chair. "One of the hottest topics is dental sleep medicine."
The dental sleep medicine courses are:
- Integrating Sleep Prosthodontics Into a Restorative Practice, Oct. 20, 9:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (code 5104) and 1:15-4:15 p.m. (5113).
- Dental Sleep Medicine Workshop, Oct. 20, 9:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (5208) and 1:15-4:15 p.m. (5224).
- Sleep Medicine Panel Discussion, Oct. 21, 8-11 a.m., 6101.
- An Introduction to Dental Sleep Medicine, sponsored by the AADSM, Oct. 21, 8:30-11:30 a.m., 6312.
- Diving Deep Into Sleep Disordered Breathing, sponsored by the AADSM, Oct. 21, 1:30-4:30 p.m., 6327.
- TMJ Patients Are NUTS! Evaluate, Diagnosis and Treat TMJ Problems, Oct. 22, 8-9:30 a.m., 7113.
- Bite Registration Techniques for Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances: Positioning, Procedures and Pitfalls, sponsored by the AADSM, Oct. 22, 8-11 a.m. (7205) and 2-5 p.m. (7215).
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Looking Beyond the Teeth and Saving Lives! Oct. 22, 2-5 p.m., 7723.
- Dental Sleep Medicine Hands-On, Oct. 23, 8-11 a.m., 8208.
All six cadaver courses will be at the Colorado Convention Center.
The cadaver courses are:
- All-Day Head and Neck Dissection: A Cadaver Workshop, Oct. 19, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 4201.
- Local Anesthesia Human Cadaver Dissection Workshop, Oct. 20, 9:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., 5217.
- Socket Grafting for the Clinical Staff: A Cadaver Workshop, Oct. 20, 1:15-4:15 p.m., 5236.
- Cadaver: Peridontal Flap and Crown Lengthening Surgery, Oct. 21, 8-11 a.m., 6217.
- Cadaver: Grafting for Implants, Oct. 21, 1:30-4:30 p.m., 6234.
- Dissections of the TMJ and Answers to Current Myths: Hands-On Cadaver Course, Oct. 22, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 7234.
Two live patient courses will convene at Denver's Mountain West Dental Institute, owned and operated by the Metro Denver Dental Society. Round-trip shuttles will be available from the Colorado Convention Center for all participants.
The two courses are:
- Fabricating Dentures From Start to Finish, Oct. 20, 12:30-4:30 p.m., 5401.
- Mini Dental Implants, Oct. 21, 8:30 a.m.-noon., 6401.
The cadaver and live patient courses reflect this year's renewed focus on hands-on workshops, Dr. Tourial said.
ADA 2016 – America's Dental Meeting will convene in Denver Oct. 20-24.
All CE courses are listed at eventscribe.com/2016/ADA/
ADA 2016 registration is open. Registration and course fees increase after Sept. 16.
For the most updated information, visit ADA.org/meeting
. Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter using #ADADEN.