Dental groups to amass in Denver for ADA 2016
June 27, 2016
— The world of dentistry will come together at ADA 2016 – America's Dental Meeting as more than 150 dental groups will host some 300 events during the annual meeting, including alumni get-togethers, affiliate group conferences, district meetings and special events.
The following are just some of the programs and symposiums scheduled around ADA 2016, convening Oct. 20-24 in Denver:
- Dental school alumni competition: More than 30 schools will host an alumni reception at ADA 2016. The ADA will bestow $2,500 to the school with the most alumni attending ADA 2016 to be used toward its alumni reception. To host a reception, ask a school representative to contact Val Eyssen, ADA meetings and housing manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-312-440-2583.
- American Association of Women Dentists 95th Annual Meeting: The AAWD and women from across the country will meet Oct. 20-22 for networking, continuing education, exhibits and a silent auction. Visit aawd.org for more information.
- Alliance of the American Dental Association Annual Convention: An organization for spouses of ADA members, AADA has evolved to include a variety of members all dedicated to building and protecting the future of the dental profession. For more information on the Oct. 21-22 convention, visit allianceADA.org.
- BIG Idea, Small Group Practice: Find out why more dentists are joining or starting small dental groups in a daylong conference Oct. 19 where attendees can earn up to six CE hours by focusing on three key aspects of group practice: feasibility, development or operations. Register for the conference at ADA.org/meeting.
- Dental Hygienist Lounge: Hosted by the Colorado Dental Hygiene Association Oct. 20-21, the lounge will be a prime spot for networking as well as a popular hangout spot.
- Evidence-Based Dentistry Champions Conference: This two-day program, supported by Colgate and convening Oct. 19-20, will bring together thought leaders in dentistry to learn about and discuss the future of evidence-based treatment decisions. Participants can earn up to 10 CE hours by practicing their skills in finding evidence online and evaluating what is the best evidence. Visit ADA.org/meeting to register.
- Federal Dental Services Day: This half-day conference Oct. 22 offers dentists serving in the federal services CE and networking designed specifically for them. The session will precede the annual FDS reception. Register for the program at ADA.org/meeting.
ADA 2016 registration is open. For the most updated information, visit ADA.org/meeting
. Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter using #ADADEN.