DQA Educational Resource Center
The Dental Quality Alliance (DQA) has developed a resource document titled "Quality Measurement in Dentistry: A Guidebook" to serve as a tool to educate various audiences on the basic purpose, importance and scope of quality measurement within dentistry. This document is updated every three years.
DQA Recent Publications
- Herndon, J. B., Tomar, S. L., Catalanotto, F. A., Rudner, N., Huang, I. C., Aravamudhan, K., ... & Crall, J. J. (2015). Measuring quality of dental care: Caries prevention services for children. The Journal of the American Dental Association, 146(8), 581-591. (http://jada.ada.org/article/S0002-8177(15)00393-1/fulltext)
- Herndon, J. B., Crall, J. J., Aravamudhan, K., Catalanotto, F. A., Huang, I., Rudner, N., ... & Shenkman, E. A. (2015). Developing and testing pediatric oral healthcare quality measures. Journal of public health dentistry, 75(3), 191-201. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jphd.12087/full)
The Dental Quality Alliance has produced its first series of video tutorials, titled "Introduction to Quality Measurements." The series contains five tutorials:
- About the DQA (2:16) This tutorial explains when and why the Dental Quality Alliance was formed, and how it has benefited the field of dentistry.
- What is Quality (3:28) This tutorial defines the term “quality” as it relates to healthcare. Included in the tutorial is an examplefor measuring quality of oral healthcare.
- How is Performance Measured in Dentistry (3:52) Thistutorial defines the term “performance” as it relates to dentistry. Thetutorial explains the different levels of assessment and data sources for measurement in dentistry.
- What is a Measure (3:07) This tutorial explains the different components of a measure including numerators, denominators and exclusions.
- Process for Starter Set (3:16) This tutorial explains the process the DQA used to develop the Starter Set.