Golden Apple Awards
The American Dental Association’s (ADA) Golden Apple Awards Program is a unique opportunity for constituent and component dental societies to gain valuable recognition for their leaders, members and staff. Now in its 25th year, the program offers different categories with subcategories, for dental societies, dental educators, and new dentist participants.
The program has 12 opportunities for your dental society to showcase programs and activities produced between June 1, 2012 and May 31, 2013. Societies can submit entries in all 12 categories or just one category. It’s up to you how often you enter. Just remember: A specific program or activity can only be entered in one category.
- Entry Deadline: June 3, 2013
- Entries will be accepted between May 1, 2013 through June 3, 2013.
Golden Apple Entry Forms and Materials
- Golden Apple Award Instructions (PDF)
- Golden Apple Award Checklist (PDF)
- Golden Apple Award Entry Form (PDF) — Must be included with entry.
Golden Apple Award Categories
- Legislative Achievement (PDF)
- Excellence in Membership Recruitment and Retention Activity (PDF)
- Excellence in Dental Health Promotion to the Public (PDF)
- Excellence in Member-Related Services/Benefits (PDF)
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Dental Ethics (PDF)
- Achievement in Dental School/Student Involvement in Organized Dentistry (PDF)
- Excellence in Science Fair Program Support and Promotion (PDF)
- Excellence in Dentist Well-Being Activities (PDF)
- Open Category (PDF)
- Excellence in Access to Dental Care Programs (PDF)
- The Green Apple — Excellence in Enviromentally Sustainable Programs and Education (PDF)
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Diversity and Inclusion (PDF)
Golden Apple Award — Dental Education Category
The Council on Dental Education and Licensure (CDEL), Golden Apple Award for “Inspiring Careers in Dental Education” recognizes members and/or faculty members who are outstanding mentors willing to share their knowledge to enhance the scholarly, professional, and personal development of aspiring and emerging dental faculty. This category is open to nominations from not only constituent and component dental societies, but also other dental organizations, ADA members and students.
- Entry Deadline: April 1, 2013
- To make a nomination, download the "Inspiring Careers in Dental Education" form (PDF)
For more information, contact Esperanza Gonzalez, Lead Project Assistant, CDEL, 800.621.8099 ext. 2698 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Golden Apple Awards for New Dentists
The New Dentist Committee offers and judges three Golden Apple Awards:
- New Dentist Leadership,
- New Dentist Legislative Leadership
- Outstanding Leadership in Mentoring.
Entry deadline: Dec. 1, 2013.
Recipients of these awards are provided with a trophy and recognized at the ADA New Dentist Conference at an awards luncheon. Recipients receive complimentary registration to the Conference and a $500 stipend to attend. Nomination forms for these awards will be available in September. For more details, contact the New Dentist Committee, 800.621.8099 ext. 2779 or email@example.com.