AADE to hold mid-year meeting in April
For those attending the meeting, the hotel reservation deadline is Feb. 20.
This year’s meeting topic is "Economic Impact, Communications and Access to Care." The April 6 session titled "Decreasing Funding to Dental Schools" addresses the following topics:
- challenges facing new facilities and existing schools;
- the value of having a dental school on campus with an osteopathic medical school;
- dental school community clinics;
- board disciplinary cases and investigations;
- a Maryland program on pro bono care;
- access to care perspectives from the ADA and American Dental Hygienists’ Association;
- communications and board issues;
- legislative activities;
- perspectives from state boards, constituent societies and educators.
The April 5 forum titled "Leadership in the Dental Profession (AADE, ADEA, ADA)—Recruitment, Roles and Appropriate Interaction and Collaboration: A Dialogue" begins at 1 p.m. Speakers are ADA President-Elect Ronald Tankersley and ADEA President Ronald Hunt.
The AADE Open Forum for Educators immediately follows from 4-5 p.m.
The AADE Mid-Year Meeting is scheduled immediately preceding the April 7 Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations' Advisory Forum. The ADA funds one state board member’s attendance at the forum.
Rooms are reserved for AADE Mid-Year Meeting participants at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago. A hotel form, available from AADE, must be completed and sent to the Ritz-Carlton.
For more information about the Mid-Year Meeting or to obtain a hotel reservation form, contact Rob Kapp at 312-440-7464 or "email@example.com".