CODA to hold two open hearings in San Antonio
The hearings are designed to provide CODA's communities of interest with an opportunity to comment on proposed revisions to accreditation standards for dental, allied dental and advanced dental education programs.
The agenda is the same for both hearings. Those who wish to comment may do so at either session.
The first CODA open hearing is Thursday, Oct. 16, from 11 a.m.-noon at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter (Conference Room 1-2).
Prior to the reference committee on Dental Education and Related Matters, the second open hearing will take place Saturday, Oct. 18, from 8:30-9:30 a.m. at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter (Grand H).
Standards under consideration with comments due Dec. 1, 2008, include:
- Proposed Changes to Language Common to all Recognized Specialties (endodontics, dental public health, oral and maxillofacial pathology, oral and maxillofacial radiology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics, prosthodontics): Standards 1, 4 and 5;
- Proposed revisions to accreditation standards for Clinical Fellowship Training Programs in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
Standards under consideration with comments due June 1, 2009, include:
- Proposed revisions to accreditation standards for Predoctoral Dental Education;
- Proposed revisions to accreditation standards for Dental Hygiene Education Standard 2-17;
- Proposed revisions to accreditation standards for Advanced General Dentistry Education Programs in Orofacial Pain.
To view the standards for which the commission is seeking comment, go to www.ada.org/prof/ed/accred/commission/news/index.asp.
If you're attending the hearing, please bring a copy of the documents with you. A limited number will be available on site. If you plan to comment, please bring a written copy of your comment for the commission representatives.
If you are not able to provide comment at one of these hearings, you can submit written comment to CODA until the dates indicated above.
Comments can be submitted to Director, Commission on Dental Accreditation, 211 East Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611.