Entries sought for ICD Journalism Awards
Entries must be submitted by April 15, 2010. All dental publications worldwide published in English are eligible to enter.
Awards will be given in two divisions. Division One awards are for publications that have a combination of staff help, a large budget and a large circulation, and Division Two awards are for publications with little or no staff help and small to medium budgets and circulations.
- Silver Scroll—for the publication showing the most improvement during the year 2009;
- Golden Pen—for the most outstanding article, series of articles or feature;
- Platinum Pencil—for outstanding creative and effective use of graphics, illustrations and design;
- Newsletter Award—for a newsletter that demonstrates an overall quality of graphics, design and content;
- Special Citation—for a publication that demonstrates an unusual concept, presentation or other distinctive quality;
- Leadership—for the most outstanding article or editorial that encourages dentists to become involved in leadership positions and/or other activities within their profession;
- Outstanding Cover—for originality used in graphics and design for covers;
- Golden Publication—for the best overall dental publication.
For more details, rules, a list of past winners or downloadable entry forms, visit the ICD Web site at www.usa-icd.org/information/awardees.htm. Entries must be received by April 15, 2010, and eligible entries must have been published in 2009.
The awards are presented at the American Association of Dental Editors Annual Conference in Orlando, Fla., in October 2010.