ADA researchers present at dental researchers conference
Tampa, Fla.—Scientists and researchers from the ADA and the ADA Foundation Paffenbarger Research Center showcased their work at the 41st annual meeting of the American Association for Dental Research March 21-24.
Oral presentations included the following by researchers from the ADA Foundation Paffenbarger Research Center, located in Gaithersburg, Md.:
- Oral CaPO4 After Chewing Multiple-Salt Gums Following Sucrose Rinse, Burton D. Schmuck, Gerald Vogel, Ph.D., and Dr. Gary E. Schumacher;
- Leachability of ACP Composite: Effect of Extraction Conditions, Cher Ostrowski-Davis, A. A. Guiseppetti, and Drago Skrtic, Ph.D.;
- Effect of Fluoride, Calcium and Phosphate Salts on the Ion Releases from Fluoride Varnishes, M. Tung, Ph.D., and PRC student intern, Alice Chuang;
- Understanding How TiO2 Nanoparticles Improve the Performance of Dental Adhesives, Jirun Sun, Ph.D., S.S. Watson, and PRC student intern, David Allsopp;
- Edge Chip Resistance of Dental Restorative Materials, Kathleen Hoffman, George Quinn and Janet Quinn, Ph.D. (deceased).
PRC/NIST poster presentations included:
- In Vitro Evaluation of F-Release and Deposition for F-Varnishes, PRC student intern E. Holahan with Clifton Carey, Ph.D., and Glenn Flaim, both formerly of PRC;
- Analysis of 1-minute Bioavailable Fluoride from Dentrifice, Holahan, Schmuck and Carey, formerly of PRC.
- Simultaneous Measurement of Polymerization Shrinkage and Elastic Modulus Development, Martin Y. Chiang, Ph.D., Guiseppetti, Nancy J. Lin, Ph.D., Sheng Lin-Gibson, Ph.D., and Dr. Schumacher.
There were also oral presentations from the ADA Division of Science staff. These included:
- Working Times and Rheological Properties of Elastomeric Impression Materials, Spiro Megremis, Ph.D.;
ADA poster presentations included:
- Volumetric Polymerization Shrinkage Characteristics of Provisional Crown & Bridge Materials, A. Tiba, Ph.D., and Richard J. Geary and Dr. John C. Kuehne, both formerly of ADA;
- Axial Notch Tear Strength of Alginate Impression Materials, Kristy L. Vogt and Dr. Megremis;
- System for the Characterization of Dental Air Turbine Handpieces, Daniel E. Halpin, Henry Lukic, Victoria Ong and Dr. Megremis;
- Method for Measuring Dynamic Extraction Force of Test Mandrel from Dental Handpiece, Lukic, Dr. Megremis, J. Anglen and Henry Shepelak.