Dr. Christensen set for Education in the Round course
San Francisco—Dr. Gordon Christensen, one of dentistry’s most popular clinical lecturers, will demonstrate use of class II resins during the Education in the Round course, Class II Resins Can Be Simple and Fast, Oct. 18, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (course 5401) at the ADA Annual Session.
“Would you like your class II resins to be faster, easier, better and less expensive to place? Let me show you how to do just that in a live clinical demonstration,” said Dr. Christensen.
Dr. Christensen, director, Practical Clinical Courses, and CEO and co-founder of the CR Foundation in Provo, Utah, will show participants how to identify and discuss the best materials for class II resin-based composites, the best techniques for class II resin-based composites and reasons for postoperative tooth sensitivity and premature restoration failure.
“This live demonstration includes proven and new concepts for class II resin restorations,” said Dr. Christensen, “including identification of minimal class II carious lesions, minimal tooth preparations, tooth desensitization, liners, the best matrices, comparison of composite brands, finishing for optimum longevity, fees and third party payment.”
The ADA’s Education in the Round courses allow Annual Session attendees to experience live-patient procedures in a fully functional dental operatory, right in the Moscone Center. The cost for these courses is $69 each.
Other courses set for the 2012 EIR lineup include:
- Live-Patient Demonstration of Immediate Lower Denture Stabilization Using Mini Dental Implants, by Dr. Raymond Choi (course 5402);
- Soft-Tissue Surgery for Augmentation of Keratinized Gingiva, by Dr. Jon B. Suzuki (course 6401);
- User-Friendly Techniques for Automatic Atraumatic Extraction of Teeth and Socket Grafting, by Dr. Lee H. Silverstein (course 6402);
- Examination, Diagnosis and Treatment of the Restorative-TMD Patient, by Dr. James McKee (course 7401);
- Lasers in the Dental Practice—A Live-Patient Demonstration, by Drs. Charles Hoopingarner, David Roshkind and Donald Coluzzi (course 7402).
For more details, course descriptions or to register, visit ADA.org/session.