Log on for live streaming events at Annual Session
San Francisco—Even those who aren’t traveling to the City by the Bay for the ADA Annual Session Oct. 18-21 can still attend selected events and continuing education courses in real time by logging on to ADA.org/ADA365.
Mark your calendar to attend the Opening General Session and Distinguished Speaker Series Oct. 18, beginning at 7:50 a.m. Pacific time (10:50 a.m. Eastern time). The Opening General Session begins with performances from San Francisco’s longest running musical variety show, Beach Blanket Babylon.
This special event will also celebrate Dr. Ron Lamb, the 2012 ADA Humanitarian Award recipient, and Dr. John S. Greenspan, winner of the 2012 Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Dental Research.
Then, distinguished speakers Robert Reich and George F. Will take the podium to discuss the U.S. political climate just weeks before the presidential election.
“It’s an honor to have these two distinguished speakers debate national politics less than three weeks before the 2012 elections,” said Dr. Kent Percy, general chair, Council on ADA Sessions. “Their ideas on which party should lead the nation and why generally are on opposing sides of the question, so attendees can expect a lively discussion.”
After Mr. Reich and Mr. Will make their introductory remarks, they will sit down with ADA leaders for a candid Q & A session at this Annual Session special event.
Virtual Annual Session-goers can also log on to attend six live-patient Education in the Round courses and will be able to ask speakers questions using a live chat function. Courses include:
- Class II Resins Can Be Simple and Fast, by Dr. Gordon Christensen (course 5401, Oct. 18, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. PST);
- Live-Patient Demonstration of Immediate Lower Denture Stabilization Using Mini Dental Implants, by Dr. Raymon Choi (course 5402, Oct. 18, 2-5 p.m. PST);
- Soft-Tissue Surgery for Augmentation of Keratinized Gingiva, by Dr. Jon B. Suzuki (course 6401, Oct. 19, 8:30-11:30 a.m. PST);
- User-Friendly Techniques for Automatic Extraction of Teeth and Socket Grafting, by Dr. Lee H. Silverstein (course 6402, Oct. 19, 2-5 p.m. PST);
- Examination, Diagnosis and Treatment of the Restorative-TMD Patient, by Dr. James McKee (course 7401, Oct. 20, 8:30-11:30 a.m. PST);
- Lasers in the Dental Practice—A Live-Patient Demonstration, by Drs. Charles Hoopingarner, David Roshkind and Donald Coluzzi (course 7402, Oct. 20, 2-5 p.m. PST).
This year’s Open Clinical and Science Forums, Screening for Medical Conditions in the Dental Office (course 5370, Oct. 18, 2:30-4 p.m. PST) and Medication-Associated Osteonecrosis of the Jaws (course 6370, Oct. 19, 8:30-10 a.m. PST) will also be streamed live.
Other ADA365 presentations from Annual Session include a guided tour of the ADA CE Hub, live panel discussions from women dentists, new dentists and dental students and more. Up to 35 hours of content will also be available for viewing after Annual Session for those who want to see a course or event they missed or to review one they attended.