February 04, 2013
Combine business with family fun in New Orleans
New Orleans—This year's ADA Annual Session Oct. 31-Nov. 3 offers a unique opportunity for dental families to combine professional development and family fun.
• taking a cruise on New Orleans' historic steamboat Natchez (steamboatnatchez.com);
• hopping a ride on one of the city's vintage streetcars, including the St. Charles line, the world's oldest continuously operating street railway which passes by famous New Orleans areas like Audubon Park and the Garden District;
• planning a visit to Audubon Nature Institute, home to a zoo, aquarium, insectarium, park, golf course, café and more, offering a variety of opportunities for children to celebrate the wonders of nature (auduboninstitute.org);
• enjoying an educational trip to one of New Orleans's many museums, historic homes and nearby plantations (neworleanscvb.com);
• heading to an adventure in New Orleans City Park, a 1,300-acre green that includes moss-covered oak trees, lagoons, walking trails, a botanical garden, an amusement park and the Storyland playground. The park offers ample opportunities for boat rides, birding, fishing, biking and more (neworleanscitypark.com).
Take a ride on history: A vintage New Orleans streetcar is framed with oak trees.
—NOCVB photo by Jeff Anding
New this year, those who attended the 2012 Annual Session in San Francisco will be able to register and secure housing two weeks before general registration opens, giving them first access to housing and continuing education courses.
If you attended the 2012 Annual Session, watch for an email with instructions on how to take advantage of this special offer. The email will be sent to the email address used to register for Annual Session.