Registration open for Successful Women in Dentistry conference
Irvine, Calif.—The Successful Women in Dentistry conference, highlighting the inspiring achievements women have made in dentistry, is set for June 22 here.
Organized by Pacific Dental Services, the conference will benefit the National Children's Oral Health Foundation.
Speakers and topics include Dr. Kathleen T. O'Loughlin—Outlook for Women in Dentistry; Dr. Lee Ann Brady—Posterior CEREC CAD/CAM Techniques and Materials; Dr. Cherilyn Sheets—Implant Diagnosis and Restorations; Dr. Cari Callaway-Nelson—Lifestyle Balance; and Dr. Lindsey Robinson—Opening Remarks. Brief biographies follow:
• Dr. O'Loughlin, ADA executive director and chief operating officer, is the keynote speaker. Prior to joining the ADA, Dr. O'Loughlin served as the chief dental officer for United Health Group and president and CEO of Delta Dental of Massachusetts. She practiced dentistry for more than 20 years in Massachusetts while serving as an assistant clinical professor at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in the Department of General Dentistry as a course director. She is a trustee of Tufts University and is a member of the Board of Overseers for Tufts Dental School.
• Serving as master of ceremonies at the conference is Dr. Brady, a private practice dentist, educator and writer. From 2005-08, Dr. Brady held the positions of resident faculty and clinical director for The Pankey Institute. In 2008, she joined Dr. Frank Spear in the formation of Spear Education in Scottsdale, Ariz., where she served as executive vice president of clinical education until 2011. As director of education and president of Lee Ann Brady LLC, she launched her website www.leeannbrady.com, offering clinical and practice content and live education programs. Dr. Brady is the clinical editor for the Seattle Study Club Journal and a guest faculty member at The Pankey Institute.
• Dr. Sheets maintains a full-time private practice in Newport Beach, Calif., for esthetic rehabilitative dentistry. Dr. Sheets is an educator, clinician, author and researcher and has received numerous awards, including the 2002 Gordon Christensen Award for Excellence in Lecturing; the 2004 University of Southern California School of Dentistry Alumnus of the Year Award; and the 2012 American Association of Women Dentists Lucy Hobbs Taylor Award for Lifetime Achievement. She is co-executive director of the Newport Coast Oral Facial Institute, a clinical professor of Restorative Dentistry at USC, chair emeritus of The Children's Dental Center, and founding chair of the National Children's Oral Health Foundation.
• Dr. Callaway-Nelson has nearly 14 years of clinical experience and currently resides in Nevada, where she owns three dental offices in Reno and Las Vegas. Dr. Callaway-Nelson is also a graduate of the Sirona Speakers Academy and teaches classes on CAD/CAM Dentistry and Case Acceptance.
• Dr. Robinson is president of the California Dental Association. A pediatric dentist with more than 20 years of experience, she owns a practice in Grass Valley, Calif., and has served as a CDA volunteer since 2003.
Successful Women in Dentistry takes place at the Pacific Dental Services Institute in Irvine. When registering, use promotional code SWIDADA and receive the $95 early registration fee. There is complimentary admission for dental students but a limited number of seats available. Register online at www.pacificdentalservices.com/swid.
Conference sponsors include Ivoclar Vivadent, Nobel Biocare, Crest Oral-B, Sirona and Henry Schein.