Outreach to dental students
Annual session webcast available live to schools
"This program enables students, and our future ADA members, to participate in high quality education on relevant topics and clinical procedures that may not be easily available due to geographical or financial barriers," said Dr. Kathleen O'Loughlin, ADA executive director. "Effective collaborations such as this leverage our individual Association strengths to create greater value for our current and future members."
"The ADA's Education in the Round program provides an innovative live learning opportunity many ADEA members would otherwise miss," said Dr. Richard W. Valachovic, ADEA executive director. "We are excited to offer this unique educational experience for the first time and we are grateful for the generous support of Henry Schein Inc."
EIR participants view live-patient procedures in a fully functional dental operatory through live, high-definition video images and interact with speakers during the course.
Through the new webcast program, up to 5,000 participating dental students, residents and faculty will be able to log on, view the courses in real time and ask the instructor questions during each presentation. In addition, the presentations will be accessible as a webinar for dental students, residents and faculty to watch for 30 days after the event.
Dental schools will be encouraged to log on in a lecture hall and let students watch the courses, discuss it as a group and send in questions as a group during the session.
This year's EIR presentations include:
- Create Success in Providing Periodontal Treatment by Dr. Samuel Low (Course 5401);
- Crown Lengthening for Restorative Dentistry by Dr. Jon Suzuki (Course 5402);
- Implants for the Terminal Dentition: Yes, You Can Do It! by Drs. Steve Ratcliff and Jorge Ramirez (Course 6401);
- A Simplified Yet Accurate Impression Technique When Splinting Multiple Implants by Drs. Lee Ann Brady and Peter Fay;
- TMD Treatment 2009: What Works, What Doesn't and Why by Dr. Terry Tanaka;
- Solving Anterior Esthetic Restorative Challenges with Composite Resin by Dr. Wynn Okuda.
For more information on the webcasts, contact Rich Schuch, Ed.D., senior manager, program development for the Council on ADA Sessions, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For details on these and other annual session courses, log on to www.ada.org/goto/session.