ADEA sponsors international women's leadership conference
The goal of the conference is to foster global alliances and deliver leadership strategies that women can use to improve oral health and overall health in communities throughout the world.
With the theme "Global Health Through Women's Leadership," the conference will build on themes and outcomes of the previous three international conferences—France (1998), Sweden (2003), Canada (2005)—that addressed global issues affecting women's health and general health. The conference will identify strategies that promote the advancement of women and recognize their leadership value in the workforce and in promoting women's health and oral health.
Conference information, including the Call for Papers instructions and online submission form, is available at www.adea.org/events/Pages/FourthInternationalWomensLeadershipConference.aspx.
Presenters have can address issues in three main areas: education, research, and women's health.
Dental educators, practitioners, health researchers, and policy makers from the global community are invited to submit abstracts for poster and oral presentations related to one of the eleven conference themes:
- Medical Ethics in a Global Context;
- Women's Oral Health and Women in Research;
- Integrative and Complementary Medicine/Oral Implications;
- Knowledge and Technology Exchange;
- Women, Families and Children—Balancing Career and Obligations;
- Women in Dental Education;
- Women Leading Change—New Leadership Styles;
- Women and Global Development;
- Cultural Competency Concepts;
- Dental Health Team—Allied Health Component;
- Alternative Careers for Women in Dentistry.