ADA Oral Pathologist app assists in proper diagnosis
The ADA Oral Pathologist is an app for mobile devices that can assist dentists chairside in formulating diagnoses.
Dr. Michael Kahn, who is chairman and a tenured professor of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, wrote and developed content for the app.
"It's a differential diagnosis aid," Dr. Kahn said. He added that the app should help dentists "figure out what should happen next."
The ADA Oral Pathologist covers the oral and maxillofacial region comprehensively. Using it, a clinician can search more than 200 conditions.
An Internet connection is not needed, so the ADA Oral Pathologist can be accessed anywhere. Other features that make the app a ready reference tool:
• no registration or subscription required;
• both Android and iOS compatible;
• searches can be performed by the name of oral pathology conditions or based on inputs, such as gender, age, clinical site and clinical observations;
• clinical photos are included for many conditions;
• suggestions for clinical management of the pathology.
The ADA Oral Pathologist is available from the Apple Store or on Google Play for $59.99. For more information, visit success.ada.org/en/apps/.