ADA Core Values and Precepts
Commitment to Members
Members are the purpose of our work. We work collaboratively to serve our diverse membership and ensure the advancement of the profession of dentistry. We create and support tangible products, programs and services that serve our members.
- We reflect the highest values, ethics and principles in everything we do.
We strive to earn members’ loyalty and trust every day.
- We show respect to fellow coworkers.
- We recognize that our actions and attitudes contribute to the reputation of the ADA.
We take great pride in our work, infusing innovation, creativity and commitment into everything we do by bringing our best efforts to the ADA every day.
Commitment to the Improvement of Oral Health
Staff — The better we serve one another, the better we serve members and the public.
We actively support a healthy work environment.
Members — We provide members with the most accurate information and resources that benefit themselves and all those they serve.
Public — We promote programs that improve the oral health of the public. (For example, Action for Dental Health, MouthHealthy.org, Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives, Patient Education products, ADA Seal of Acceptance program, GKAS, international volunteer programs)
- We promote awareness of Association resources on scientific information and how
to use them.
- We provide objective, accurate, unbiased evidence/data/information.
- We provide leadership and scientifically sound insight into emerging oral health issues
of concern to the public and dental profession.
The Core Precepts are the mission and values for the employees of the American Dental Association in their support of the dental profession and the public.