The Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition (CCEPR) approves providers of continuing dental education as defined in the ADA CERP Glossary
CCEPR recognizes providers of continuing dental education (CDE), not individual courses. Institutions, organizations or major units or departments within an institution/organization (e.g., an oral and maxillofacial surgery department of a medical center) in the United States and Canada are eligible to apply for recognition. Any provider of CDE meeting the ADA CERP standards and criteria and the following requirements will be eligible for recognition. CDE providers submitting an application must meet the following eligibility criteria:
The CDE provider offers a planned program of continuing dental education activities consistent with the definition of continuing dental education provided in the ADA CERP Glossary. The CDE provider must demonstrate oversight by an independent advisory committee. The provider must have offered a planned program of CDE activities for at least 12 months.
- A CDE provider must ensure that all courses offered for continuing education credit have a sound scientific basis in order to adequately protect the public. CCEPR reserves the right to require that the applicant provide documentation that courses offered by the provider have a sound scientific basis and proven efficacy in order to ensure public safety.
- The CDE provider must demonstrate that it assumes the financial and administrative responsibility of planning, publicizing and offering the continuing education program consistent with the definition of provider in the CERP Glossary.
- The CDE provider must ensure that the educational methods are appropriate to the stated objectives for the activity and, when participation is involved, enrollment must be related to available resources to assure effective participation by enrollees.
- The CDE provider must ensure that the facilities selected for each activity are appropriate to accomplishing the educational method(s) being used and the stated educational objectives.
- CDE providers that are not based in the United States or Canada must meet the additional eligibility criteria and requirements outlined in the Pre-application Process for International Providers before they will be considered eligible to apply for recognition.
Although ADA CERP may not directly benefit some smaller groups, such as local CE study clubs, such groups are encouraged to explore possible affiliation agreements with their local or state dental societies.