For new, or initial, applicants, the recognition process may take seven to twelve months. There are two steps to the initial application process: (1) a pre-application to determine eligibility to apply, and (2) an application for initial recognition.
Pre-Application Process: Determination of Eligibility
CE providers that wish to apply for CERP recognition must first demonstrate that they meet CERP Eligibility Criteria.
Providers based in the United States or Canada should:
1. Review the ADA CERP eligibility requirements to determine if the organization is eligible to apply.
2. Review the ADA CERP Recognition Standards and Procedures
3. Download the Pre-Application for ADA CERP Recognition: Determination of Eligibility form (DOCX).
4. Review CERP application deadlines.
5. Complete and submit the Pre-Application form as directed.
6. Pay Pre-Application fee (PDF).
Pre-Application forms will be reviewed by the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition. The Commission will notify the provider, usually within eight weeks, as to whether the provider is eligible to apply for CERP recognition.
CE providers that are based outside the United States or Canada must meet specific eligibility criteria and complete a pre-application process before submitting an application for initial recognition. Review information on the Pre-application Process for International Providers.
Application for Initial CERP Recognition
Providers that have submitted a Pre-Application and that the Commission determines to be eligible will be invited to apply for CERP recognition. Providers interested in seeking initial CERP recognition should:
- Review the ADA CERP Recognition Standards and Procedures
- Download the current ADA CERP Standard Application Form and Instructions or request copies from staff. Obsolete application forms will not be accepted.
- Review the application and instructions carefully to determine whether all required documentation is available to demonstrate compliance with the 14 areas outlined in the ADA CERP Recognition Standards. Applications will be evaluated based on documented compliance with the eligibility criteria and Recognition Standards.
- Complete and submit application as directed in the application instructions by the specified deadline. Applications are accepted twice a year, usually in January and June.
- Pay new application fee (PDF).
- Applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed at the Commission’s next regularly scheduled meeting. Providers will be notified of the recognition decision according to the published schedule.
New applicants will be eligible for an Initial Recognition period of two years. If approved, providers will be eligible to apply for continued recognition at the end of the Initial Recognition term.
If recognition is granted, the provider will be supplied with the following information:
The effective dates of the recognition term;
- The authorized statement that must be used to announce or publicize ADA CERP recognition;
- Responsibilities and procedures for documenting participation in CE activities;
- Procedures regarding expiration of recognition and reapplication;
- A Decision Report outlining requirements and recommendations for improvements in the provider's CE program.
Recognition is effective the first day of the month of May or November after action is taken by the Commission. In no case will recognition be granted retroactively or prior to action taken by the Commission.
Recognition may be contingent on the submission of one or more progress reports at specified intervals. CCEPR reserves the right to reevaluate a provider at any time by surveying participants in the provider's CE activities, by reviewing activities in person, or by requiring additional information concerning the provider and/or its activities.
View information on Continued Recognition.
View CERP fees.