Public Notification of Accreditation Withdraws
The Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) is the only accrediting agency for dental, advanced dental and allied dental education programs recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE). In accordance with the USDE regulations for post-secondary accrediting agencies, CODA makes available the following public information:
There were no program accreditations withdrawn at the August 2-3, 2018 CODA meeting.
In February 2018, the Commission adopted a resolution to withdraw accreditation from the following program:
Dental Laboratory Technology
Please download information regarding the program below.
For information regarding the Commission’s accreditation documents, practices and policies, consult the Commission website or contact the Commission at 800.621.8099, extension 4653.
In August 2018, the Commission affirmed the following programs' decision to voluntarily discontinue accreditation:
- Vatterott College – Des Moines campus, Des Moines, IA
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- Herzing University-Akron Campus, Akron, OH
- Luzerne County Community College, Nanticoke, PA
- Central Georgia College North Campus, Macon, GA
- Rutgers University, Scotch Plains, NJ
- Tibor Rubin VA Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
- University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
General Practice Residency (24-month program)
- Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY
Accreditation Status of Educational Programs
Download Reports on Accreditation Status of Educational Programs: