Hearings on Standards/Comments Due
The purpose of a hearing on a standards document is to provide individuals, institutions and organizations that will be affected by the document with an opportunity to comment. The goal of the hearing is to hear as many varied points of view on the proposed documents as possible in an orderly fashion.
2018 American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) Annual Conference Hearing on Standards
The Commission will conduct a hearing on accreditation standards at the 2018 American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) Annual Conference on Saturday, June 23, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in Room A223-225 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, Ohio. Please check the final ADHA schedule for the latest room assignment.
Comments Due: All Proposed Standards Revisions
You may submit written comments to CODA on the proposed standards revisions noted below until the comment due date. Please submit comments to: Sherin Tooks, Ed.D, M.S., Director, Commission on Dental Accreditation, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 or email@example.com.
Visit the Proposed Standards webpage to find the following Standards:
Comments Due June 1, 2018:
- Accreditation Standards for Dental Hygiene Programs, specifically the Definition of Terms, and Standards 2-8d and 2-13 (Appendix 2) (PDF)*
- Accreditation Standards for Dental Hygiene Programs, specifically Standards 2-1 and 2-24 (Appendix 3) (PDF)*
Comments Due December 1, 2018:
- Accreditation Standards for Dental Education Programs, Standard 6 (Appendix 6) PDF
- Accreditation Standards for Dental Education Programs, Standard 2-17 related to Health Literacy (Appendix 7) PDF
- Accreditation Standards for Advanced Specialty Education Programs in Endodontics, Standard 4-8e (Appendix 8) PDF
- Accreditation Standards for Advanced Specialty Education Programs in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
(Appendix 9) PDF
*The deadline for submission of comments is June 1, 2018. However, the Commission directed that comments will be accepted during a Hearing on Standards conducted during the 2018 Annual Conference of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA).