CDEL LEAP Scholarship
Advanced Dental Education Program Director Scholarship for the Academy for Academic Leadership
The ADA Council on Dental Education and Licensure supports advanced dental education and new directors of advanced education programs accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) interested in learning about the different leadership, administrative, teaching, and mentoring challenges they encounter while serving in their roles. As part of that commitment, the Council grants one scholarship annually for advanced education program directors to the Academy for Academic Leadership (AAL). Each Leadership Essentials for Advanced Programs (LEAP) scholarship is in the amount of the program tuition.
About the Leadership Essentials for Advanced Programs (LEAP)
The LEAP is designed to prepare new and incoming directors for advanced dental education programs for the different leadership, administrative, teaching, and mentoring challenges they encounter while serving in their roles. The two-day program, presented by experienced past and present program directors, academic executives, and leadership consultants, will address various aspects of the program director’s roles and responsibilities and provide useful tools, skills, and procedures that can be immediately applied to any advanced program.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
CDEL’s LEAP scholarship recipients will be selected based on the established criteria of:
• Meets the eligibility requirements
• Accuracy of information on the application form
• Strength of recommendation letters
• Strength of the personal essay
To be eligible for the scholarship the individual must be:
• a new or incoming director of an advanced education program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
• a current ADA member
• licensed to practice/teach dentistry in the United States
• active in the practice of dentistry
The individual must:
• Submit application form
• Submit curriculum vitae
• Submit two recommendation letters documenting commitment to advanced dental education and/or research
• Submit a personal essay of not more than two (2) pages that discusses career goals as they relate to advanced dental education
• Obtain a letter of commitment from the program’s sponsoring institution in support of the application.
Applying for the Scholarship
The deadline to apply for the scholarships has been extended to April 15, 2020. Scholarships will be granted by April 2020, even though you may apply at any time during the year. The ADA CDEL/AAL LEAP scholarship application includes the complete list of criteria and eligibility requirements.
Please submit the application form and all supporting documents to:
Council on Dental Education and Licensure
American Dental Association
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
Attention: Tierra Braxton
Or by e-mail to:
Tierra Braxton at: firstname.lastname@example.org