Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Image Portal. The Joint Commission on National Dental Examination's (JCNDE) image portal allows dental professionals to submit potential case materials (e.g. radiographs, intra/extra oral photographs, dental charts) for possible use in the development of high-stakes dental and dental hygiene examination questions. The JCNDE appreciates your contribution to the profession and the assessment of future dental professionals.
To enter the image portal your DENTPIN is required.
To get started, review the following simple steps for submission:
Step 1: Provide patient background information (optional)
- This information is optional, but can provide additional information for the test constructors who develop test questions. You may include any information you feel would be helpful in interpreting patient images and/or photographs.
Step 2: Upload corresponding image(s)
- Acceptable image formats include JPG, TIFF, and PNG (PNG is preferred). Images must be a minimum of 2 ½ inches wide with a resolution of 300 dots per inch (dpi) or higher.
Step 3: Agree to the terms and conditions. To submit images, you must acknowledge that:
- Any and all contributions you provide are not copies in whole or in part of works of third parties.
- You have no proprietary, financial or personal interest of any nature or kind in any product, service and/or company that will be considered when submitting the image(s).
- You have read, understand and are in compliance with the HIPAA regulations regarding the privacy of patients or persons whose likeness may appear in my submission materials, and have obtained the appropriate patient consent records.
Images submitted as a complete patient case (full mouth radiographs, intra/extra-oral photographs, patient history and dental charting) are eligible for a stipend. If you are interested in submitting a complete patient case you may do so through the image portal. If your complete patient case is approved for use in the test construction process, a $500 stipend will be awarded to you, the dental professional. For further information regarding case materials, please see the case development guide below:
For additional information or questions, please contact the Department of Testing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.232.1694.