Once you launch the Image Portal, you will be asked to do the following:
- Provide patient background information (optional). While this information is optional, it can provide additional helpful information for the test constructors who develop test questions.
- Upload corresponding image(s). Please see below for more details.
- Agree to the terms and conditions. Images submitted as a complete patient case (full mouth radiographs, intra/extra-oral photographs, patient history and dental charting) are eligible for a stipend. If you are interested in submitting a complete patient case you may do so through the image portal. If your complete patient case is approved for use in the test construction process, a $500 stipend will be awarded to you, the dental professional.
For all NBDHE Case Submissions:
- To be eligible for a $500 stipend, the case must be submitted by July 1st. Cases are reviewed once a year. Cases received after the deadline will be reviewed the following year.
- Cases must meet specific criteria to be considered. If your case meets the requirements, please proceed to the image portal to enter the patient information and upload all corresponding images.
For all other image submissions, please proceed directly to the image portal
Image Submissions Guidelines
- We prefer original, digitized images taken no earlier than 2010.
- Images must be a minimum of 4” wide at 300ppi. Images at other resolutions may be considered, depending on the materials provided.
- Acceptable image formats include JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
Submissions may include:
- radiographs, intraoral or extraoral photographs.
- photographs of study casts.
- supplemental case information including dental charts, or medical history.
The following parameters are appreciated:
- Radiographs must be of diagnostic quality and free of technical errors, unless such errors serve an analytic purpose.
- Photographs should be clear with natural color and contrast, and free of extraneous elements, such as mirrors, retractors, tape, instruments, and fingers.
- Preferred views include:
- a full frontal view of both arches in centric occlusion.
- right and left lateral views in centric occlusion.
- a full occlusal view of the upper arch.
- a full occlusal view of the lower arch.
- oother views, including close-ups of a dental arch or quadrant, may be provided as long as appropriate views listed above are provided for orientation.
- Color slides or photographs include:
- intraoral and/or extraoral views.
- slides of study casts (for orthodontic and prosthodontics cases).
- slides of lesions (for cases including oral pathology).
- Please orient radiographs and photographs properly and clearly mark them as Right Side & Left Side or R & L. The orientation (Left & Right) of radiographs and photographs must be clearly labeled as if you are looking toward patient.
For additional information or questions, please contact the Department of Testing Services at email@example.com or by calling 800.232.1694.