New Dentist Conference offers customized CE — and Zen
October 18, 2017
The New Dentist Conference has a wealth of continuing education courses tailor-made for new dentists, with topics including everything from restorations to Zen.
Yes, Zen. The Thursday course promises to teach simple techniques for dentists so that they can "balance, reboot and enliven the busy professional" and learn how to participate in a "mind/body/spirit series that will awaken inner wisdom."
"I think the lineup of CE and events looks even better than it was last year," said Dr. Kristin Kaelke Miller, chair of the North Carolina Dental Society's New Dentist Committee. "The CE available is coordinated a little more with the main part of ADA – 2017 America's Dental Meeting but also stays separate enough so that as a new dentist I am getting a little something extra out of being a part of the new dentist track, but don't feel like I'm missing out on the bigger ADA meeting."
"The customized new dentist CE track will be amazing, as well as all the CE offered at the ADA annual meeting," said Louisiana-based Dr. Raymond Jarvis, one of two national New Dentist Committee members that works with the ADA Committee on Annual Meetings to organize and plan the New Dentist Conference.
The New Dentist Conference CE track includes:
- 11 Easy Tactics That Get and Keep More New Patients (5117), 2-5 p.m., Kirk Behrendt, Room B405.
- Stay Out of Jail: Avoid Coding Errors (5119), 2-5 p.m., Dr. Charles Blair, Room 315.
- Technique Matters: Local Anesthesia Techniques Update (5121), 2-5 p.m., Drs. Alan Budenz and Mel Hawkins, Room B316.
- Sleep Medicine Panel: Ask the Experts (5125), 2-5 p.m., Dr. Steve Carstensen, Room B309.
- Controversies and Advances in Endo: What Every GP Should Know (5322), 2-5 p.m., Dr. Manor Haas, Room B217.
- Introduction to Meditation (5502), 3:30-4:30 p.m., Dr. Christina DiBona Pastan, Booth 2461.
- Zen Body 60 (5503), 4-5 p.m., Dr. Uche Odiatu, Room 306.
- 7 Proven Steps to Motivate Your Team (6113), 1-3:30 p.m., Mr. Behrendt, Room B403.
- Tips and Techniques for Delivering Superior Laser Dentistry (6115), 1-3:30 p.m., Dr. Robert A. Convissar, Room B308.
- The 3 Keys to Case Acceptance: Everybody Wants to Say Yes (6118), 1-3:30 p.m., Dr. Mark Kleive, Room B312.
- When Good Restorations Go Bad (6121), 1-3:30 p.m., Dr. Brian Novy, Room B408.
- Tooth Bleaching: Bridging Past Knowledge to Future Trends (6324), 1-3:30 p.m., Dr. Van B. Haywood, Room B306.
- Creating Powerful Practices by Enabling Emotional Intelligence (6127), 1-4 p.m., Dr. Robert L. Frazier and Bill Woodburn, Room 315.
- How to Assess Professional Literature: A Skeptic's Guide (7304), 8-9:30 a.m., Dr. Michael Glick, B203.
- Street and Pharmaceutical Drug Abuse: The New Threats (7102), 8-9:30 a.m., Dr. Harold Crossley, Ph.D, Room B404.
- Paradigm Shifts in Dentistry 2017 (7101), 8-9:30 a.m., Dr. Gordon Christensen, Ph.D, Room B405.
- Dentistry's Role in a Mass Disaster Scenario (7312), 8-9:30 a.m., Dr. Anthony Cardoza, Room 311.
For the most updated information, download the ADA 2017 mobile app and access the New Dentist Conference information by clicking the orange "NDC" button. Make sure to login to connect and message with other attendees.
For app assistance, visit the Mobile App Help Desk in the registration area or the Tech Bar in the Exhibit Hall, Booth 3121. Use #ADANDC on social media posts.