Legal Management and Compliance
Are you legally fit? An organization’s legal standing has significant impact on its overall health and well-being. Regular assessment of legal obligations is critical to ensure an organization’s long term sustainability.
Checklist for Legal Management and Compliance
This checklist is not comprehensive. Each organization should consult it legal counsel to ensure comprehensive compliance.
- The organization is legally registered and aware of its tax status
- The organization complies with annual statutory requirements such as audits and other reporting
- The organization complies with the tax codes for both itself and the staff
- The organization adheres to labor laws and demonstrates adherence through human resource policies
- Legal support is regularly available and consulted in planning and routine legal risk management deliberations
- The organizations has filed its IRS Tax Information Report – IRS Form 990
Key Questions for Consideration
- Are you satisfied with the legal standing of your organization?
- What are the areas where your dental society is doing well with legal management?
- What are the areas where your dental society has opportunity for improvement with legal management?
– Questions? –
Contact your Dental Society Outreach Manager or the Member Service Center at 800.621.8099 or 312.440.2500 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. central time. You may also visit the Member Center 24/7 at ADA.org/membercenter.