Reports and Research
"Marketing without data is like driving with your eyes closed."
– Dan Zarrella
Market research is essential to creating member value and affinity. Having accurate market research will help to identify what audience to target and the most effective way to reach them. The ADA provides information and performance indicators for strategic data-driven decision making to successfully manage all member services, outreach, and recruitment campaigns.
- Annual Membership Report – The annual membership report produced at the end of each membership year that reports the number of active, life, and retired members in good standing as of December 31 for each dental society.
- National R&R Reports – An annual membership data report that is used to inform how many active licensed members belong by society jurisdiction and what membership market share the ADA has at the end of the membership year.
- Quarterly Membership Reports – State membership data reports designed to assist states with tracking membership market share and overall membership in key market segments.
- State Member Value & Loyalty Research Reports – This national research study, conducted by the ADA, is broken out by individual states. The reports relay data from members regarding how they value their membership, and what benefits are most important to them.
- State R&R Reports – An annual membership data report for each state dental society that provides information on market segments and component numbers of active licensed members and the membership market share at the end of the membership year.
- Health Policy Institute – The Health Policy Institute (HPI) aims to be a thought leader and trusted source for critical policy knowledge related to the U.S. dental care system. The key issues that HPI focuses on include health policy reform, access to dental care, the dental workforce, dental care utilization and benefits, dental education, and oral health outcomes.
- How to Do Market Research – In this brief, explore how to turn data and information into actionable insights and strategies; highlight several things to consider when designing market research projects; and identify contacts and resources at the ADA that can help supplement your society’s capacity to conduct original research.
- Marketing Personas – Recognizing and appreciating that different dentists may value different benefits, messages and approaches, these personas highlight Dental Students, Graduate Students, New Dentists, Mid-Career Dentists, Late-Career Dentists, Large Group Practice Dentists, Faculty and Non-Member dentists. Research on what is motivating and meaningful to them, how to reach them, what they are looking for from membership, what defines their ideal dental association, and conversation-starter ideas are included for each target market.
staff is available to offer custom resources, facilitation, workshops and training to support your market research goals. Contact your Dental Society Outreach Manager
to discuss customized solutions.