10 Under 10 Award: 2020 Nominations Now Open
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
Show the world what new dentists can achieve!
Do you know a new dentist who’s making an impact in the profession? We’re recognizing 10 amazing dentists who graduated from dental school less than 10 years ago and are already inspiring their colleagues by making a difference in dentistry. The American Dental Association 10 Under 10 Award celebrates dentistry’s rising stars – dentists who demonstrate excellence and inspire others in science, research & education, practice excellence, philanthropy, leadership, and advocacy to name a few.
Please note, you will need to complete the full application to submit and will not be able to save and come back at a future time.
- Complete all required fields in the application form. Specifically, upload a CV for nominee, describe reason for nomination and include your information as nominator for follow-up if needed (note, you will need to complete the full application to submit and will not be able to save and come back at a future time).
- E-signature to ensure authenticity.
Examples of Areas of Excellence:
- Science/Research/Education: A dentist who has made substantial contributions to advancing clinical topics by leading, organizing or participating in clinical research or scientifically focused efforts or who significantly impacts dental students or residents through education and mentorship.
- Practice Management/Entrepreneurial: A dentist who excels in practice management demonstrated in areas such as patient experience, dental team management, practice technology and/or general entrepreneurial success, business savvy in practice ownership, or innovation.
- Philanthropy: A dentist who has made a remarkable difference in the lives of others (in dentistry or otherwise), either by volunteering, leading a philanthropic effort or using their skills to help those in need.
- Leadership: A dentist who serves in leadership, either within or outside organized dentistry, and has used that position to improve a dental association, another organization or their community at large.
- Advocacy: A dentist who takes a leadership role in advocacy initiatives or legislative activity on behalf of dentists and oral health initiatives.
Who can you nominate?
- Active member of the American Dental Association.
- Graduated dental school between the years of 2010 and 2019.
- Exhibited excellence in areas such as Science, Research & Education, Practice Excellence, Philanthropy, Leadership and Advocacy.
Nominations must be submitted by December 31, 2019, and winners will be chosen by the ADA New Dentist Committee and announced spring 2020. Current members of the ADA New Dentist Committee are not eligible to receive the award; this includes dentists on the ADA New Dentist Committee during the 2018-2019 term and/or the 2019-2020 term. Winners will be recognized in ADA News, the New Dentist Now blog and other ADA channels and will receive a $1,000 cash award.