ADA Publications Honored with Association Media and Publishing Awards
July 12, 2017
CHICAGO – Five American Dental Association (ADA) publications were recently honored with eight EXCEL awards, which recognize excellence and leadership in nonprofit association media, publishing, marketing and communications.
“The ADA is proud to be on the forefront of new products and e-communications that keep us relevant to our 161,000 members,” said Michael Springer, ADA senior vice president of business and publishing.
ADA publications were awarded as follows:
- Dental Practice Success, a quarterly digital magazine designed to help dentists focus on the business side of their practices, won a gold award for editorial excellence in digital publishing for the fall 2016 issue and two bronze awards for general excellence in digital for the summer and fall 2016 issues and design excellence in digital for the spring, summer and fall 2016 issues.
- The ADA Catalog 2017 won a gold award in the promotional content: directory, buyers guide or catalog category.
- The ADA News won a silver award for editorial excellence for newspapers for a series of stories in a single issue and a bronze award for design excellence in newspapers for the Sept. 19, 2016, Oct. 3 2016, and Oct. 17, 2016 issues.
- New Dentist Now, a blog focused on issues important to new dentists, received the bronze award for digital media.
- CDT 2017: Dental Procedure Codes, a book that contains the comprehensive code set for dental insurance billing and documentation, was awarded bronze in the technical books category.
The winners were selected from nearly 830 entries from across the association publishing industry. The EXCEL Awards were announced June 26 during the 37th Annual EXCEL Awards Gala in Washington, D.C.
Editor’s Note: Reporters are invited to follow the ADA on Twitter @AmerDentalAssn
About the ADA
The not-for-profit ADA is the nation's largest dental association, representing 163,000 dentist members. The premier source of oral health information, the ADA has advocated for the public's health and promoted the art and science of dentistry since 1859. The ADA's state-of-the-art research facilities develop and test dental products and materials that have advanced the practice of dentistry and made the patient experience more positive. The ADA Seal of Acceptance long has been a valuable and respected guide to consumer dental care products. The monthly The Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA) is the ADA's flagship publication and the best-read scientific journal in dentistry. For more information about the ADA, visit ADA.org. For more information on oral health, including prevention, care and treatment of dental disease, visit the ADA's consumer website MouthHealthy.org