What is PatientSmart?
PatientSmart is the easy, affordable way to put ADA patient education brochures and videos on your website. The robust library of ADA patient education content is accessible directly from your site when you add an easy-to-install button on your home page. PatientSmart can put your patients at ease by highlighting the full range of services you offer and aligning your practice with the ADA, a name patients know and trust.
Featuring a broad range of topics, this simple tool helps you engage with patients and reinforce treatment options and best practices. Customize the platform to your practice by selecting which topics to display, choosing a color scheme, and featuring your practice information. Patients see a collection of content you recommend, written in easy-to-understand language to enhance accessibility and case acceptance.
Patients have access to videos, text and images provided from the ADA’s best-selling brochures. Each topic is provided in both English and Spanish. You can even print out or email the content to patients before or after an office visit.
What is included?
With just a click from your website, patients have access to up to 48 different topics related to dental health and treatment. You can tailor the list to meet the specific needs of your practice. Topic pages include videos, images and text, written in plain language and drawn from the ADA's most important brochures. That way, your patient can digest the information in the manner he or she prefers.
Click here to see the full list of topics available
Click here to see sample pages
Each page of PatientSmart has your contact information and logo at the top, so patients always have your practice in mind. You can print or email links to specific topics with ease—either to prepare your patient for a visit or to reinforce messages you convey chairside. To harmonize with your existing website, four different color options are available.
PatientSmart also includes site analytics. View the number of visits, returning visits, total view, total likes, and see which pages your patients visit.
PatientSmart also includes technical support for subscribers, available by phone or email.
How do I subscribe?
Member subscriptions cost $359.50 annually, plus a $99 one-time start-up fee.
Nonmember subscriptions cost $549 annually, plus a $99 one-time start-up fee.
There are no hidden costs and you won’t be asked to pay for updates, new editions, or special software. You can cancel anytime.
1. Place your subscription order
Order online at ADAcatalog.org or call the ADA at 800.947.4746. Remember, PatientSmart is for your existing website; if you don’t already have a site, you’ll need to get that squared away first.
2. Watch for an email from ADA PatientSmart
After ordering, you'll receive an email with a link to your Subscriber Page. Your subscription is active from the day you order.
3. Authorize your site and set your preferences
Log in to your Subscriber Page. Type in your contact info, practice URL and check the topics you wish to display.
Why choose PatientSmart?
PatientSmart benefits your practice: ADA-created, ADA-quality content builds practices and reputations
- Dentists and patients alike know that the American Dental Association is the most up-to-date, reliable information source when it comes to dental health.
- ADA content on your website adds credibility—and helps convert your web visitors into new patients.
- Content is written in easy-to-understand language for enhanced accessibility and case acceptance.
Your time is valuable — PatientSmart helps you make the most of it
- Sharing information with patients before or after their dental visit ensures that your chairside time is used efficiently — even saving a few minutes each day can more than pay for the cost of your PatientSmart subscription. Our PatientSmart User's Guide has more ideas.
- You can email any PatientSmart topic with ease.
- An educated patient is more likely to follow through on your recommendations and make return visits.
- Get a stronger web presence even as you spend time less time on admin issues and more time on dentistry.
Watch the demo video.