Since you've been gone ...
March 19, 2012
For those readers of ADA News who haven’t been an ADA member in a while, the dental profession has changed a lot.
The challenges dentists face have never been greater. Together with state and local dental societies, the ADA works hard to improve America’s oral health, advance the science of dentistry and enhance the best oral health care system the world has ever seen.
“Today’s ADA provides more value than ever before,” said Dr. Nancy Rosenthal, chair of the ADA Council on Membership. “No matter how long it’s been, I encourage all nonmembers to take some time to explore what ADA tripartite membership can do for you.”
Over the last 10 years, the ADA has added thousands of new members and launched many new initiatives to help members succeed. Some of the most popular include:
- Protecting the profession through effective lobbying on issues such as access to care, funding of dental education and dental research, the FTC Red Flags Rule, fluoridation, medical liability reform, licensure and McCarran-Ferguson. The ADA’s advocacy efforts have helped to protect dental practices by shielding dentists from new taxes and regulatory requirements, fighting for fairness with insurance companies and making care more affordable. Visit www.ada.org/advocacy to learn more.
- Greater access for Medicaid and underserved populations by working to create a basic dental benefit in Medicaid that targets the aged, blind and disabled populations through the Special Care Dentistry Act.
- Improved patient care through systematic reviews and evidence-based clinical recommendations through the ADA Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry.
- Nearly 20,000 unique searches are performed each month on ADA.org’s Find-a-Dentist where members can create their own customized profile and potential patients can learn more about their practices.
- Better buying decisions with state-of-the-art evaluations of the products and equipment you use through the Professional Product Review, and an easier purchasing process through the online ADA Dental Product Guide at www.ada.org/productguide.aspx.
- Education 24/7 with hundreds of online courses through ADA CE Online.
- Greater visibility by answering questions and educating the public on Sharecare.com, a health website launched recently by Dr. Mehmet Oz. Only members can be ADA Sharecare Contributors.
- Cutting-edge continuing education options at ADA Annual Session, including live-patient courses, and high-tech learning opportunities in such areas as the Laser Pavilion, Tech Expo, 3-D Imaging Center and CAD/CAM Stage.
- Health Policy Resources Center reports free to members on ADA.org. Topics include economic confidence, dental practice, distribution of dentists, technology and social media, and current issues in dentistry.
- New products and services at reduced rates through the ADA Catalog and ADA Business Resources.
- Exclusive use of the ADA member logo, ADA member specialty logo and ADA.org button for your practice and website.
- Tools and tips to help you build a more efficient and effective practice—from the ADA’s Dental Practice Hub at http://dentalpracticehub.ada.org.
- Access to ADA e-publications that bring the latest in legislation, cutting-edge research, technology, member resources and special alerts.
Visit www.ada.org/membercenter, or call 1-312-440-2500 or email membership- @ada.org for more information.
If you’re interested in applying for membership now, contact your state dental association or visit www.ada.org/join and complete the online membership application.