Golden Apple Award entries due May 1-June 3
March 18, 2013
Celebrating their silver anniversary this year, the ADA Golden Apple Awards are an opportunity to recognize leaders, members and staff who have contributed to society success.
There are 12 award categories for societies to showcase programs and activities produced between June 1, 2012, and May 31 of this year. Categories include:
• Legislative Achievement;
• Excellence in Membership Recruitment and Retention Activity;
• Excellence in Dental Health Promotion to the Public;
• Excellence in Member-Related Services/Benefits;
• Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Dental Ethics;
• Achievement in Dental School/Student Involvement in Organized Dentistry;
• Excellence in Science Fair Program Support and Promotion;
• Excellence in Dentist Well-Being Activities;
• Open Category;
• Excellence in Access to Dental Care Programs;
• The Green Apple—Excellence in Environmentally Sustainable Programs and Education;
• Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Diversity and Inclusion.
The Golden Apple trophy is getting a makeover, too. This year's recipients will receive an award that is sleek, customized, more environmentally friendly to produce and consistent with the look of other ADA awards.
All entries should be submitted electronically. Forms are available at ADA.org/ goldenapple. For assistance, call 312.440.2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries can be submitted electronically anytime after May 1 up to the deadline of June 3.
The deadline for nominations for the Inspiring Careers in Dental Education award is April 1. The award recognizes faculty who are outstanding mentors to dental students or junior faculty interested in academic careers.
Entries must include a letter of nomination; letters of support from students, faculty and administrators; and the candidate's CV.
Information can be found on ADA.org/goldenapple; questions may be directed to Rosemary Monehen at email@example.com; and entries can be sent to Esperanza Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.