New book answers all your legal questions
October 02, 2015
Legal questions can bedevil dental professionals.
- What can I do if a negative rating, review or comment about my practice is posted on a blog or website?
- Can I charge interest on overdue dental fees?
- What should I do if a law enforcement official asks for information about a patient?
The updated book "A Dentist's Guide to the Law: 228 Things Every Dentist Should Know
" answers those and a host of other questions.
The ADA Division of Legal Affairs developed the book, which was released in September and comes in response to questions from ADA members.
"The ADA Legal Division is pleased to have participated in the creation of a valuable and practical desktop resource to dentists in the operation of their practice," said J. Craig Busey, ADA general counsel. "The guide addresses a wide range of relevant legal issues, and we are confident that dentists will find it to be eminently user friendly and straightforward in its approach."
“The ADA’s ‘A Dentist’s Guide to the Law’ is the best source of practical legal and risk management information for dentists that I have ever seen,” said David J. Owsiany, executive director of the Ohio Dental Association. “Every dental office should have a copy.”
The book contains brief, plain-language explanations of common legal issues affecting dentists; basic information to save dentists the time and expense of calling an attorney; and tips that might help dentists reduce their legal exposure.
- A discussion of employment law, thorny patient treatment issues, common dental agreements and collections.
- A Q&A format and index that provide easy access to information.
- A general framework on federal laws and regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, the Children's Online Privacy Protections Act, the Physician Payments Sunshine Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The book (item L756
) is $59.95 for Association members and $89.95 for nonmembers. Use promo code 15123 by Dec. 18 to receive a 15 percent discount on the book and all ADA Catalog products.
To order, call 1-800-947-4746 or visit ADAcatalog.org