Committee adds 11 new codes to CDT
March 15, 2016
The Code Maintenance Committee approved 11 new codes at its March meeting. Code numbers will be assigned in CDT 2017. The new codes include:
- Laboratory processing of microbial specimen to include culture and sensitivity studies, preparation and transmission of written report.
- Nonionizing diagnostic procedure capable of quantifying, monitoring, and recording changes in structure of enamel, dentin, and cementum.
- Distal shoe space maintainer — fixed — unilateral.
- Scaling in presence of generalized moderate or severe gingival inflammation — full mouth, after oral evaluation
- Scaling and debridement in the presence of inflammation or mucositis of a single implant, including cleaning of the implant surfaces, without flap entry and closure.
- Provisional implant crown.
- Consultation with a medical health care professional.
- Dental case management — addressing appointment compliance barriers.
- Dental case management — care coordination.
- Dental case management — motivational interviewing.
- Dental case management — patient education to improve oral health literacy.