Register for National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit
March 02, 2016
— Registration is open for the National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit here March 28-31.
The summit will gather physicians, dentists, pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners and other clinicians, organizational leaders from U.S. government agencies, state and local governments, business, academia, clinicians, treatment providers, counselors, educators, advocates and others working to combat the prescription drug abuse epidemic. Because of the rise in heroin abuse and deaths, the summit has expanded to include topics relating to heroin.
Participants will hear the latest research from the Centers for Disease Control, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, university medical centers and other experts. Summit organizers have also partnered with the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine to identify, design and deliver continuing education programs in 10 breakout tracks for conference attendees.
A partial listing of keynote speakers includes:
- Tom Vilsack, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.
- Michael Botticelli, director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
- Vice Admiral Vivek H. Murthy, M.D., U.S. surgeon general.
- Dr. Francis S. Collins, NIH director.
- Dr. Tom Frieden, CDC director.
- Dr. Stephen Ostroff, acting commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration.
- Charles P. Rosenberg, acting administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Dr. Nora D. Volkow, director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
The summit will be held at the Westin Peachtree Plaza. Click here
for more information and to register.