Technology Experience is no virtual reality at ADA 2017 — it is real reality
September 26, 2017
Whether you are a tech geek or not, there is a lot to check out at The Technology Experience area at the ADA annual meeting.
The Technology Experience area includes the Tech Bar, Cellerant Best of Class Showcase and continuing education.
Get hands-on demonstrations and product information led by top dental technology experts in the Cellerant Best of Class Product Showcase. Bring your own device and ask questions at the Tech Bar, learn how to create your own website at the Tinker Zone and experience virtual and augmented reality right on the show floor.
The opportunities for free continuing education at the Technology Experience area are:
- Tips and Tricks to Maximize Your Use of Google (5600), Thursday, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Dahlia El Gazzar.
- Digital Workflow 101: A Basic Primer on Digital Dentistry Workflows (5601), Thursday, 10:30-11:30 a.m., Dr. Marty Jablow.
- Five Tips Every Dentist Needs to Know About Yelp (5602), Thursday, 1-1:45 p.m., John Carroll.
- Acquiring Patients and Managing Your Marketing in the Digital Realm (6600), Friday, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Paul Intlekofer.
- Using Your Online Reputation to Grow Your Practice (6601), Friday, 11-11:45 a.m., Mr. Carroll.
- Dental Tech (6602), Oct. 20, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Dr. John Flucke.
- Overview of Social Networks (6603), Friday, 2-2:45 p.m., Ms. El Gazzar.
- Breakthrough Online Marketing — Best Practices for New Patient Growth (6604), Friday, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Ian McNickle.
- Dental Tech (7600), Saturday, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Dr. Parag Kachalia.
- Dental Tech (7601), Saturday, 11 a.m.-noon, Dr. Paul Feuerstein.
- Ransomware, Malware and Other Nasty Viruses (7602), Saturday, 12:45-1:45 p.m., Dr. Jablow.
The Tech Bar will host hands-on sessions where participants are asked to bring their own devices. All sessions are eligible for 0.5 CE hours. The schedule is:
- Tech and Solutions: Note Taking and Capturing Data — Speech and Handwriting Recognition (5603), Thursday, 11:50 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
- Not-to-Miss Trends in Technology (5604), Thursday, 2-2:30 p.m., and Saturday, 11:50 a.m.-12:20 p.m. (7603).
- Simple Websites in 3 … 2 … 1 … (6605), Friday, 11:50 a.m.-12:20 p.m., and Saturday, 2-2:30 p.m. (7604).
- Demystifying Cyber Security (6606), Friday, 2:50-3:20 p.m.
The Technology Experience will also enable guests to learn what makes the Cellerant Best of Class winners excel above the rest through hands-on demonstrations and product information led by top dental technology experts in the Cellerant Best of Class Product Showcase in the Level 2 foyer of Building B. Check the app for the latest schedule.
The Best of Class are:
- 3Shape for 3Shape TRIOS.
- Ultradent Products, Inc. for Gemini 810 + 980 diode laser, and VALO and VALO Grand.
- Bien-Air Dental for Tornado.
- DEXIS for DEXIS CariVu.
- LED Dental for VELscope Vx.
- MMG Fusion.
- Q-Optics Platform.
- Orascoptic for Ease-In-Shields, OmniOptic and Spark.
- Shofu Dental for EyeSpecial C-II.
- WEO Media.
- DentLight for FUSION 5.
In addition, winning companies will have their products presented by Drs. Jablow, Flucke, Kachalia and Feuerstein — four prominent leaders in technology. These sessions will take place throughout the show hours in the hall of Building B outside Room 209. For a full schedule, visit the ADA 2017 mobile app. To download the app, simply search "ADA 2017" in your app store. To register for the meeting, visit ADA.org/meeting.