ADA book offers guidance for treating opioid users, safe prescribing
January 22, 2018
The ADA Practical Guide to Substance Use Disorders and Safe Prescribing helps dental practitioners identify and treat patients with drug addiction, prevent drug diversion and properly manage and prescribe controlled substances.
The book helps dentists and staff:
• Detect substance use disorders.
• Deter diversion of opioids and other drugs.
• Treat patients with substance use disorders and complex analgesic and sedation needs.
• Interview and counsel options for patients with substance use disorders.
• Understand federal drug regulations.
Commonly used, illicit prescription and over-the-counter drugs, as well as alcohol and tobacco, are also covered.
Special features include: Clinical tools to aid in the identification, intervention, referral and treatment of substance use disorders; basic elements of substance use disorders, acute pain and sedation management and drug diversion; checklists to help prevent drug diversion; a chapter on impaired dental professionals; and a continuing education test worth 5 CE credits.
The book (item P035) is $69.95 for Association members and $104.95 for non-members. From now until March 23, readers can save 15 percent on this and all ADA Catalog products with promo code 18106. To order, visit ADAcatalog.org
or call 1-800-947-4746.