Keep up-to-date on HIPAA with ADA kit
March 19, 2018
Dentists can find it daunting to understand which Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act regulations apply to practices and then how to implement HIPAA programs that are right-sized for the practice.
But even beyond that, practices have an obligation to keep their HIPAA programs up-to-date in a changing world.
Even small, routine changes in the practice workflow can open up HIPAA risks. For example, dentists can't assume new employees have HIPAA-compliant habits appropriate to their practice environment. Whenever dentists implement a new digital device that stores or transmits patient data, the device and data need to be secured in alignment with HIPAA regulations.
To address this need, the ADA offers the ADA Complete HIPAA Compliance Kit (J598) with important components, including:
- A compliance manual to help practices design and implement a HIPAA compliance program. The manual includes key forms in paper and digital formats that can be customized as needed.
- HIPAA Update Service subscription to keep dentists and teams updated on any HIPAA changes. After the three-year term, practices can renew the service.
Features of the kit include:
- Sample policies and procedures.
- Sample Business Associate Agreement.
- Sample Notice of Privacy Practices (in English and Spanish).
- Glossary of key terms.
Readers can save percent on HIPAA and Occupational Safety and Health Administration products from ADA Catalog by using the promo code 18119 until May 31. To order, visit ADAcatalog.org or call 1-800-947-4746.