May 16 webinar aimed at better care for older adults with substance use disorders
May 14, 2018
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office is hosting a May 16 webinar to assist providers in better caring for older adults with substance use disorders.
The free webinar, "Supporting Older Adults with Substance Use Disorders Webinar," will be held from 12-1:30 p.m. EST.
According to the webinar description, the course will describe substance use disorder screening tools, how to effectively diagnose a substance use disorder and how to locate available treatment resources.
Participants will also learn how to:
- Define the types of substance use disorders common in older adults.
- Recognize the epidemiology and magnitude of substance use disorders among older adults.
- Identify the potential benefits and risks of substance use, and how it may lead to a substance use disorder.
- Define the association between SUD and co-morbid mental health issues.
- Recognize the various treatment options and overall need for care coordination.
Register for the webinar here.
The webinar will also be archived and available on the Resources for Integrated Care website.