Highlights video: ADA moved dentistry forward in 2018
February 25, 2019
Helping over 7,000 ADA members address questions and concerns on third-party issues. Reaching more than 200 million people through CVS Pharmacy with oral health information. Action for Dental Health Act becomes law.
The ADA advanced dentistry through its leadership of the profession and its actions on improving public health, according to a video, released in February, visually articulating the impact, reach and value of ADA membership.
These achievements on public education, community service, advocacy and helping members succeed can be shared via social media. These accomplishments, highlighted in the two-minute video include:
- Providing 123,000 hours of continuing education.
- Giving $3.4 million in scholarships, grants, awards and donated dental products through the ADA Foundation.
- Forty-one new products earned the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
- Becoming one of the first health organizations to support mandatory CE and prescribing limits to combat the opioid crisis.
- Approving the first ADA policy in support of HPV vaccine. The vaccine may help prevent infection that can cause oropharyngeal cancer.
- Writing 2,000 letters to lawmakers and 1,200 in-person visits to policymakers.
To view the 2018 ADA Highlights video, visit ADA.org/highlights.