CODA seeks public member nominations for its review committees
June 03, 2019
The Commission on Dental Accreditation is seeking nominations to fill seven upcoming public member vacancies on its review committees.
Nominations for public members, due June 15, are for the following committees: predoctoral education; dental hygiene; endodontics; orthodontics; pediatrics; prosthodontics; and advanced education in general dentistry, general practice residence, dental anesthesiology, oral medicine and orofacial pain.
Review committee members:
- Are responsible for reviewing all policy matters, site visit reports, progress reports, applications for accreditation and special reports on accredited programs, which are submitted to the commission for final action.
- Are required to make time commitment of 10-20 days per year.
- Will serve as consultants to the commission and are required to complete the web-based site visitor training prior to serving on the committee. The self-paced instructional manual on the commission’s policies, procedures and standards takes about six to eight hours to complete.
- Are required to become familiar with the CODA training manual and participate in a full day of training at ADA Headquarters. Review committee members should observe at least one site visit within their first year of service on the review committee.
- Are expected to be accessible and able to communicate by fax, electronic mail and the commission’s web-based communication tools.
Accreditation is a peer-reviewed process and volunteers are an integral part of that process, according to CODA. The Commission provides training to all its volunteers and CODA staff are available for support throughout the process.
The nominating committee will review the nominations and submit recommendations to the commission. Nominations may not be directed toward a specific review committee and requests to be placed on a specific committee will not be honored. Appointments are made for one four-year term, beginning and ending in October of each year.
For more information, visit ADA.org/CODA.