ADA-NIH opioids webinar set for April 3
March 04, 2019
The ADA is hosting a April 3 opioids webinar featuring the National Institutes of Health.
The NIH Response to the Opioid Crisis from a Research Perspective will take place from 3-4 p.m. EST, and is part of the ADA’s Opioid Webinar series.
The free webinar, which includes an hour of continuing education credit, will present the following:
- An overview of the opioid crisis.
- How addiction is a chronic brain disease.
- What NIH is doing to address the issue through research as related to pain management and dentistry.
- The Helping to End Addiction Long-term, or HEAL Initiative, including and ongoing and completed studies related to dental pain management and opioid prescribing from the National Dental Practice-Based Network.
Featured speakers of the one-hour webinar include:
- Wilson M. Compton, M.D., deputy director, National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Dr. Martha J. Somerman, director, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
- Dr. Brad Rindal, senior research investigator and associate dental director for research, HealthPartners Dental Group.
Register for the webinar here.
The 2019 Health and Well-Being Conference will take place on Aug. 16. The ADA Practice Institute will host the conference at ADA Headquarters in Chicago and focus on continuing education on career burnout and stress management. For more information, contact Alison Bramhall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-202-898-2410.