Registration for Provider Relief Fund Reporting Portal now open
January 19, 2021
Registration is now open for the Provider Relief Fund Reporting Portal
The portal is for dentists who received one or more payments exceeding $10,000 from the Provider Relief Fund payments in aggregate. The portal is currently only open for registration, not for post-payment reporting. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will be announcing reporting requirements at a later date.
The Provider Relief Fund was established by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act in 2020 and allowed dental providers to apply for payments made for health care-related expenses or lost revenue attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To register, HHS recommended participants set aside “at least 20 minutes” in order to complete registration in one session and noted incomplete sessions can’t be saved. After completing registration, providers will be notified when they should re-enter the portal to report on the use of their funds, HHS said.
Here is the information dentists will need to complete the registration process:
• Tax identification number.
• Business name and full address as it appears on the entity’s W-9.
• Contact information, including name, phone number and email, of the person submitting the report.
• Tax identification number of subsidiaries in a list delimited by commas, e.g., 123456789,987654321,135791357.
• Payment information for any of the payments received, including tax identification number of the entity that received the payment, payment account, mode of payment and check number, or ACH settlement date.
HHS has included resources specific to reporting for providers, including a Portal FAQ
and Registration User Guide
For more information about the ADA’s advocacy efforts during COVID-19, visit ADA.org/COVID19Advocacy