ADASRI scientists to present research at virtual International Association for Dental Research meeting
July 16, 2021
American Dental Association Science & Research Institute scientists will share their research at the 99th General Session and Exhibition of the International Association for Dental Research.
The virtual session will take place July 21-24 in conjunction with the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Dental Research and the 45th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Association for Dental Research.
Research presented by ADASRI scientists will include the following 21 posters:
• "3D Biomimetic Platform to Dissect Connexin 43-Mediated Osteoblast-Endothelial Function," presented by Eun-Jin Lee, Ph.D., postdoc researcher.
• "Antimicrobial Activity of Novel Hybrid Materials against Periodontal Pathogens," presented by Theresa Biddinger, research assistant.
• "Appraisal of Patients' Values and Preferences Inclusion in Dental Guidelines," presented by Sarah Pahlke, research assistant, clinical practice guidelines, Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry.
• "Biomanufacturing of Bioceramic Scaffolds for Bone Regeneration," presented by Yoontae Kim, Ph.D., postdoc researcher.
• "Comparison and Assessment of Viability Assays for Oral Multispecies Biofilms," presented by Prerna Gopal, Ph.D., manager of microbiology and chemistry.
• "Comparison of Stiffness Determination for Powered and Other Non-standard Brush Heads by Varying the Vertical Load," presented by Ashley Bowers, research assistant of chemistry.
• "COVID-19 Pandemic Related Dental Practice Trends on Teledentistry," presented by Marcelo Araujo, D.D.S., Ph.D., CEO of the ADASRI.
• "Development of EPR Dosimetry Based on Carbonated Hydroxyapatite Cement," presented by Eaman Karim, Ph.D., research associate.
• "Electrochemical Sensors for Detecting Inflammation in Cell Culture Samples," presented by Anna Kalmykov, postdoc researcher.
• "Evaluation of Physical and Chemical Properties of Aerosols According to the Temperature Control of Electronic Cigarettes," presented by Shinae Kim, Ph.D., project leader.
• "Fluoride Deposition by Complex Fluoride Rinses at Different F Concentrations," presented by Shozo Takagi, Ph.D., chief research scientist emeritus.
• "Intraoral Scanners: Results from an ADA Clinical Evaluators Panel Survey," presented by Olivia Urquhart, health research analyst.
• "Labile Fluoride Reservoirs Produced by Complex Fluoride Rinses," presented by Laurence Chow, Ph.D., chief research scientist emeritus.
• "A Microsensor-Embedded Periodontal Probing Device for Periodontal Disease Assessment," presented by Taejun Ko, Ph.D., postdoctoral research assistant.
• "Minimal Important Difference for Patient-Reported Outcome Measures in Dental Guidelines," presented by Malavika Tampi, manager, clinical practice guidelines, Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry.
• "Physiochemical, Mechanical, and Antimicrobial Properties of Experimental Dental Composites," presented by Stanislav Frukhtbeyn, senior research associate.
• "Reduced Sugar Consumption and Caries Prevention: Overview of Practice Guidelines," presented by Lauren Pilcher, research assistant, clinical practice guidelines, Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry.
• "Shrinkage Stress and Thermo-mechanical Properties of Quaternary Ammonium-Based Composites," presented by Han Byul Song, Ph.D., postdoc research assistant.
• "Strategies for Disseminating Guidance to Dentists during the COVID-19 Pandemic," presented by Ruth Lipman, Ph.D., director of scientific information.
• "Synchrotron X-ray Diffraction Analysis of 3Y-TZP Degradation via Accelerated Hydrothermal Aging," presented by Yifeng Liao, Ph.D., manager of research and standards.
• "US Dentists' Personal Protective Equipment Use during the COVID-19 Pandemic," presented by Cameron Estrich, Ph.D., health research analyst.
In addition, ADASRI researchers will give the following oral presentations:
• "3D Printed Microfluidic Platforms for Oral and Craniofacial Diseases," presented by Stella (Styliani) Alimperti, Ph.D., project leader.
• "Combinatorial Dental Copolymer Matrix for Minimizing Protein Adsorption and Bacterial Presence," presented by Diane Bienek, Ph.D., director of research operations.
• "Fluorescence Microscopy Reveals Structure-Property Relationships and Polymer Dynamics in Biocomposites," presented by Quinn Easter, Ph.D., postdoc researcher.
• "Miniature pH sensors for Detecting Inflammation at Specific Gum Sites," presented by Nicole Ritzert, Ph.D., project leader.
• "Modeling the Pulp-Dentin Complex: Predicting the Regenerative Effect of Hydroxyapatite-Based Materials," presented by Gili Kaufman, Ph.D., project leader.
• "New Dental Primer and Adhesives Using Hydrolytically Stable Ether-Based Monomers," presented by Xiaohong Wang, Ph.D., research associate.
ADASRI staff will also participate in the symposium "Conducting Network Meta-analysis to Inform Clinical Practice Guidelines and Policy." Presenters include Ms. Urquhart; Ms. Pilcher; Ms. Tampi; Ms. Pahlke; Alonso Carrasco-Labra, D.D.S., Ph.D., senior director of the ADASRI's department of Evidence Synthesis & Translation Research; and Vineet Dhar, B.D.S., Ph.D., member of the ADA Council on Scientific Affairs.
In addition, Kevin Byrd, D.D.S., Ph.D., the ADASRI's Anthony R. Volpe Research Scholar and manager of oral and craniofacial research, will chair the symposium "Integrative Single-Cell Omics: Opportunities for Oral and Craniofacial Research" and participate in the symposium "The Oral Axis of COVID-19 Infection and Transmission."
Dr. Araujo will also participate in a sponsored session titled "ADA Science Update: Expanding Oral Health Research" with The Journal of the American Dental Association Editor-in-Chief John Timothy Wright, D.D.S., and JADA Foundational Science Editor-in-Chief Jack L. Ferracane, Ph.D.
For more information on the IADR meeting, visit IADR.org