12 CE highlights at SmileCon
October 06, 2021
Dental professionals attending SmileCon can stimulate their mind and expand their skills with a diverse lineup of continuing education courses and learning experiences.
This year, SmileCon CE courses are focusing on the whole person, helping dentists and their dental team keep up with a rapidly changing world and make connections along the way.
With over 200 courses available, ranging from meet-ups and workshops to speakers and hands-on activities, there’s plenty to choose from. Here are 12 CE courses and series that highlight what SmileCon has to offer:
• Dentistry — What Should We Do in 2022?
(1121), Oct. 11 from 3:30-5 p.m. at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, Lagoon H, will cover the new and useful concepts, materials and techniques that are advancing dentistry this year and beyond.
• DENT Talks offers a diverse roster of speakers who will dive into three facets of dentistry — our community, our profession and ourselves — to provide listeners with different perspectives on these topics. The sessions, all held in Banyan B at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, include DENT Talks: Our Community
(1155), Oct. 11, from 3:30-4:30 p.m.; DENT Talks: Our Profession
(2163), Oct. 12 from 11 a.m.-noon; DENT Talks: Ourselves
(3119), Oct. 13 from 11 a.m.-noon.
• Materials and Tech That Expedite Excellence
(1206), Oct. 11 from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, Breakers L, will discuss how to increase efficiency and results with posterior restorations by demonstrating all steps of different posterior restorations using several different techniques.
• Financial Journey Series offers three separate programs with finance experts who can help dentists sharpen their financial tools. The courses, all held at the Member Center Theater in the Dental Central, are Financial Advisor Services & Retirement Planning for ADA Members
(1163), Oct. 11 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Learn How to Balance Debt and Secure Practice Financing
(2172), Oct. 12 from 9:30-10:30 a.m.; and Insurance Protection for ADA Members
(3151), Oct. 13 from 1-2 p.m.
• Socket Graft and Ridge Preservation — Cadaver Workshop
(1204), Oct. 11 from 2-5 p.m. at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, Lagoon G, will combine instruction, demonstration and hands-on activities to teach participants the basic principles of bone augmentation surgery, in conjunction with extractions, for private practice.
• The Digital Photography Workshop
(2209), Oct. 12 from 9 a.m.-noon at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, Breakers L, will show attendees that beautiful dental photographs are not that difficult to achieve with the right technique and equipment.
• AI Panel Discussion: Augmented Intelligence
(2135), Oct. 12 from 3:30-5 p.m. at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, Banyan B, will introduce attendees to how AI is currently being applied in the clinical and business sides of dentistry, including the ways it can aid in the diagnosis and identification of dental diseases.
• Mock Trial: Topic Oral Sepsis
(2115), Oct. 12 from 2-5 p.m. at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, will show dentists what it is like in a courtroom during a dental malpractice trial. This includes learning how dentists are expected to answer and what attorneys will try to provide to find a dentist liable.
• Women in Dentistry Leadership Series
will amplify the influence of women in dentistry with programming that highlights their viewpoints on the subjects that matter most to them, both professionally and personally. The courses, all to be held at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center’s Mandalay Bay Ballroom, includes Secrets from Successful Women (1113), Oct. 11 from 3:30-5 p.m.; Drop the Ball: Achieving by Doing Less (2106), Oct. 12 from 10:30 a.m.-noon; and Figure Out What You Want (2119), Oct. 12 from 3:30-5 p.m.
• 10 Most Critical Questions about the Business of Dentistry
(3101), Oct. 13 from 8-9:30 a.m. at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, Mandalay Bay Ballroom, will help attendees discover the answers to the critical questions dentists should be asking about the future of their practice.
• Dentistry’s Top Game Changers — High Tech/High Touch Advances for 2021
(3109), Oct. 13 from 10:30 a.m.-noon at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, Jasmine C, will evaluate high-tech and high-touch advances in dentistry that can help dental team members improve productivity and quality of care.
• Blaze Your Brain: Turn Negative Thoughts into Positive Action
(3106), Oct. 13 from 10:30 a.m.-noon at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, will help dentists create the right mindset when facing negative thoughts.