ADA names exclusive agent for advertising, sponsorship sales
September 29, 2021
The ADA selected Harborside of Huntington, New York, as its exclusive agent for advertising and sponsorship sales, effective immediately for advertising and sponsorship programs that deploy on or after Jan. 1, 2022.
Harborside will be responsible for advertising and sponsorship sales for a product portfolio that includes publications, database licensing, SmileCon and other meetings, coding resources, custom surveys, continuing education, customized patient education and more.
“We selected Harborside after a rigorous review process,” said Jim Goodman, senior vice president of the ADA’s Business Group, in an ADA news release
. “They use sophisticated techniques to communicate sponsors’ messages in ways that provide engagement leading to sales — what advertisers and sponsors really want. In addition, Harborside’s deep understanding of the health care space, proven success with scholarly, scientific publications, as well as business and news publications, made them the ideal partner to support the ADA’s efforts to use its multiple channels to match sponsorship messaging with audience in data-driven and effective campaigns.”
Anthony Cutrone, Harborside president, said, “Harborside is delighted to partner with the ADA on their magnificent product portfolio, which includes the premier sources of information for the dental profession. We thank our colleagues at the ADA for their selection and look forward to working with the many companies who help support the ADA’s important work as strong advocates for public health while growing their own businesses.”
The sales agreement includes advertising and sponsorships for these ADA resources:
• ADA News, ADA News Digest, ADA News Convention Daily. ADA News is the No. 1 media brand in the dental industry when measured by combined publication and website reach, readership and ad exposure.
• ADA Morning Huddle, a family of daily and weekly e-newsletters, including weekly editions for Finance & Operations, Weekend Edition and New Dentist Weekly.
• The Journal of the American Dental Association, ranking as the best-read scientific journal in dentistry.
• JADA Foundational Science, a new cross-disciplinary, open access journal that bridges basic and clinical sciences in oral health research.
• PracticeUpdate Clinical Dentistry, which provides dental professionals with curated, cross-disciplinary research in dentistry and medicine.
• Dental Practice Success, the ADA’s leading business publication.
• New Dentist News and the New Dentist Now blog, publications to support dentists in the early stages of their careers.
• SmileCon advertising and sponsorships to help connect ADA members with industry innovation.
• Health Policy Institute services and consulting, including customized surveys.
• Database licensing.
• ADA Custom Publishing, offering a full suite of sponsored multimedia programs, including e-books, whitepapers, video, audio programming and webinars through focused campaigns to help connect members and marketers. Custom programs also include ADA’s successful Vendor Showcase and Lead Generation programs.
• Sponsored books and brochures customized and based on company goals and objectives.
JADA, JADA Foundational Science and PracticeUpdate Clinical Dentistry are published in partnership with Elsevier.
“We are thrilled to announce this strategic partnership to support our advertisers’ objectives, using the ADA’s market-leading positions with the best-read publications in the industry and world-class events that expand their connection with our members,” Mr. Goodman said.
Visit ADA’s media kits to learn more about the association’s suite of media solutions
and ADA’s business product portfolio
Learn more about Harborside
and the company’s capabilities or contact John DuPont, vice president of strategy and growth, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The ADA prepared an FAQ
and list of contacts
regarding the advertising sales team transition.