ADA Health Policy Institute - Internship Application
The American Dental Association Health Policy Institute (HPI) aims to be a thought leader and trusted source for critical policy knowledge related to the U.S. dental care system. HPI achieves this by generating, synthesizing, and disseminating innovative research on a variety of topics that are relevant to policymakers, health care advocates, and providers. The key issues that HPI focuses on include health policy reform, access to dental care, the dental workforce, dental care utilization and benefits, dental education, and oral health outcomes.
An HPI internship is a great opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the policy research work we do in the dental care sector and collaborate with HPI staff on your own research goals. The internship is open to graduate and postdoctorate students in the fields of health policy, health services research, health economics, political science, public health, and clinical dentistry.
Here are a few more details:
- This is a paid internship.
- Intern can work remotely or onsite at the American Dental Association’s Chicago office. Housing and relocation costs are not covered.
- Start and finish days are flexible.
- The expected length of the internship is approximately 12 weeks, but this term is also flexible.
- An internship project will be selected by HPI researchers in collaboration with the intern.
- Intern will have full access to HPI's data mart, including FairHealth, Truven, ADA Masterfile and other databases, depending on the project selected.
The application deadline for the Health Policy Institute internship is January 31, 2019.
Submit Your Application