Golden Apple Awards
2014 Golden Apple Award program materials
The American Dental Association's (ADA) Golden Apple Awards Program is a unique opportunity for constituent and component dental societies to gain valuable recognition for their leaders, members and staff. The program offers different categories with subcategories, for dental societies, dental educators, and new dentist participants.
The program now in its 26th year, has 12 opportunities for your dental society to showcase programs and activities produced between June 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014. Societies can submit entries in all 12 categories or just one category. It’s up to you how often you enter. Just remember a specific program or activity can only be entered in one category.
Entry Deadline: June 2, 2014
Entries will be accepted between May 1, 2014 through June 1, 2014.
Find program materials and entry forms in the document section below.
- Instructions for Entry (PDF)
- Category I — Legislative Achievement (PDF)
- Category II — Excellence in Membership Recruitment and Retention Activity (PDF)
- Category III — Excellence in Dental Health Promotion to the Public (PDF)
- Category IV — Excellence in Member-Related Services/Benefits (PDF)
- Category V — Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Dental Ethics (PDF)
- Category VI — Achievement in Dental School/Student Involvement in Organized Dentistry (PDF)
- Category VII — Excellence in Science Fair Program Support and Promotion (PDF)
- Category VIII — Excellence in Dentist Well-Being Activities (PDF)
- Category IX — Open Category (PDF)
- Category X — Excellence in Access to Dental Care Programs (PDF)
- Category XI — The Green Apple — Excellence in Environmentally Sustainable Programs and Education (PDF)
- Category XII — Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Diversity and Inclusion (PDF)
Golden Apple Award — Dental Education Category
The Council on Dental Education and Licensure (CDEL), Golden Apple Award for "Inspiring Careers in Dental Education" recognizes members and/or faculty members who are outstanding mentors willing to share their knowledge to enhance the scholarly, professional, and personal development of aspiring and emerging dental faculty. This category is open to nominations from not only constituent and component dental societies, but also other dental organizations, ADA members and students.
Entry Deadline: April 1, 2014
For more information, contact Esperanza Gonzalez, Lead Project Assistant, CDEL, 800.621.8099 ext. 2698 or email@example.com
Golden Apple Awards for New Dentists
The New Dentist Committee offers and judges three Golden Apple Awards:
- New Dentist Leadership
- New Dentist Legislative Leadership
- Outstanding Leadership in Mentoring
Recipients of these awards are provided with a trophy and recognized at the ADA New Dentist Conference at an awards luncheon. Recipients receive complimentary registration to the Conference and a $500 stipend to attend. Nomination forms for these awards will be available in September. For more details, contact the New Dentist Committee, 800.621.8099 ext. 2779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.