SmileCon 2022 in Houston will offer continuing education courses in Spanish covering cosmetic dentistry, sleep apnea, pediatric dentistry, implants and more.
"Bienvenidos, dentistas y profesionales dentales a Houston," said Victor Rodriguez, D.D.S., a member of the ADA Advisory Committee on Annual Meetings, the Texas Dental Association and the Greater Houston Dental Society. "Houston and Texas have large international communities that attract people from all over the world, especially from Spanish-speaking countries in Central and South America. This year, we are happy to provide several presentations for dentists and staff in Spanish by world-renowned speakers. All attendees who are bilingual in Spanish are encouraged to attend."
• Odontología Estética en el Siglio 21 (Aesthetic Dentistry in the 21st Century), presented by Rony Joubert Hued, D.D.S., specialist in prosthodontics and restorative dentistry.
• El Rol del Dentista en la Endoscopía del Sueño Mediante Sedación Inducida por Medicamentos (Role of the Dentist in the Drug-Induced Sleep Endoscopy), presented by Luis D. Aneyba, D.M.D., past participant of the dental sleep medicine program at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and graduate of the ADA Institute for Diversity in Leadership.
• Gestión Moderna de la Superficie Oclusal en los Molares Permanentes (Modern Management of the Occlusal Surface in Permanent Molars), presented by Luis Karakowsky, D.D.S., pediatric dentist and past president of the Mexican Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
• Conceptos Actuales en Carillas de Laminado de Porcelana (Current Concepts in Porcelain Laminate Veneers), presented by Anabella C. Oquendo, D.D.S., assistant dean for international programs and director of the Advanced Program for International Dentists in Esthetic Dentistry at the New York University College of Dentistry.
• El Cannabis en el Mundo: Lo Que el Equipo Debe Saber (Cannabis and the World: What the Team Should Know), presented by Tyrone F. Rodriguez, D.D.S., pediatric dentist and chief editor of the Journal of the Hispanic Dental Association.
• Prótesis Cerámica Asistida con Implantes Dentales (Assisted Ceramic Prostheses with Dental Implants), presented by Dr. Joubert Hued.
• Nuevas Tendencias en Odontología Pediátrica (New Trends in Pediatric Dentistry), presented by Dr. Karakowsky.
• Gestión del Espacio de Restauración (Restorative Space Management), presented by Dr. Oquendo.
SmileCon is a joint meeting with the 2022 Texas Dental Association Meeting and the 2023 Greater Houston Dental Society’s Star of the South Dental Meeting. It will take place Oct. 13-15 at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
To learn more about the meeting and to register, visit SmileCon.org.