The American Dental Association is seeking nominations through Dec. 31 to recognize 10 new dentists who are demonstrating excellence in their work and inspiring others.
Winners of the 2023 ADA 10 Under 10 Awards will receive a $1,000 cash prize and be recognized at SmileCon and in various ADA publications and channels. The ADA New Dentist Committee will choose and announce the winners in spring 2023.
Nominations are sought for new dentists who are making a difference in:
• Science, research and education: Dentists who have made substantial contributions in advancing clinical topics by leading, organizing or participating in clinical research or scientifically focused efforts, or who significantly impact students through education and mentorship.
• Practice excellence: Dentists who do not settle for the status quo and have implemented innovative or more effective ways to improve their patients' experience, market or grow their practices, or manage their dental teams. Their practice methods serve as an inspiration to other dentists.
• Philanthropy: Dentists who have made a difference in the lives of others — in dentistry or otherwise — by volunteering, leading a philanthropic effort or using their skills to help those in need.
• Leadership: Dentists who serve in leadership, either within or outside dentistry, and have used their position to improve a dental association, another organization or their community at large.
• Advocacy: Dentists who take a leadership role in advocacy initiatives or legislative activity on behalf of dentists and oral health initiatives.
Nominees must be active ADA members who graduated from an accredited dental school between 2013 and 2022. Self-nominations are not permitted.
To learn more or nominate a new dentist, visit ADA.org/10under10.