The DENTPIN® (DENTal Personal Identifier Number) is a unique personal identifier for professionals and students involved with the U.S. dental education system and standardized testing programs. If you tested or applied to test, a DENTPIN has been assigned to you and you can retrieve it by selecting DENTPIN® Retrieval from the navigation bar on the left.
You must retrieve or register for a DENTPIN® from this site and use it to apply to a dental education program or application service, apply to test, or request a score report.
The name on your identification card(s) (IDs) must match exactly with the name in your DENTPIN® record. If the name in your DENTPIN record and the name on your IDs do not match exactly, you will be denied admission to testing and will forfeit your testing appointment and fee. You will be required to submit a new application and fee.
To avoid delays in processing your application and score request, be sure that the information you provide to the following programs/organizations is accurate and identical (legal name, date of birth, and DENTPIN®).
The following programs use the DENTPIN® to identify professionals and students for the confidential, secure reporting, transmission and tracking of test scores and testing data:
- Dental Admission Test (DAT)
- National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) Part I/Part II
- National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Associated American Dental Schools Application Services (AADSAS)
- Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS)
- ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS),
- ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID)
- Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program (Match)